Tuesday 25 February 2014

Cajamarca

Flying to Cajamarca from Lima

About to land

The famous alfajor - a Peruvian dessert with a caramel filling called 'majar blanco'.  Cajamarca is famous for their manjar blanco.

We visited a dairy farm where majar blanco, and other dairy products are produced.  The manjar is stirred in here. 

Dairy farm entrance.

Botanical Gardens. 





There was a rustic eatery serving pork meat in the botanical garden...

I was asked to stir the meat.  The result is rather...unconvincing. 



Otuzco.  A pre-Inca burial ground.  Those hollows were once tombs. 

Pacay fruit.  They are fluffy, and taste like a marshmallow. 

The pod where the pacay fruit comes from. 


xox

This is my last week in Peru.  I was lucky enough to squeeze in one last trip to the interior before my departure.  We chose Cajamarca, located in the northern highlands.  It was beautiful, one of my favourites for sure.  Great trip with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment