Friday 15 February 2013

$0.39 Breakfast of Champions



For the past week I have been observing workshops at a school in Barranco (a suburb of Lima).  There are not many places to grab a quick breakfast in the area...or at least I thought.  I spotted this food cart half a block away, and have been getting breakfast there every morning.  It's a bun with shredded chicken breast, and...shoe string potato chips!   The first time I went (pictured here) the lady asked if I wanted potatoes in my sandwich, I said yes, and she proceeded to (very generously) sprinkle chips into my sandwich.  I have since learned to say, "con puro pollo por favor"....just chicken please.  It's healthier and more substantial than a muffin or toast, and very affordable at S./1.00 ($0.39 CAD)!   

No comments:

Post a Comment