Friday 27 September 2013

Feria









Today I was in a place called Puente Piedra.  The municipality of Lima was sponsoring a fair where all the trade schools came together to display their work and participate in fun contests.  I was running around behind the scenes, so I didn't get many pictures, but I did manage to get some shots of the "recycled dress contest" , as well as the cakes and bread made by the students.  There was also tons of handmade clothing, nail and makeup art, hair design, electronics, crafts and knitting - all prepared by the students.  The majority of these kids come from families who are experiencing poverty and they cannot afford to attend university or college.  They choose to study at trade schools instead.  My favourite by far was the popcorn dress!  (picture 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment