Thursday 19 September 2013

Festival de Arte y Cultura









There was an event in Manchay today where the kids had a chance to finger paint, play, and dance around with some clowns.  There was a chalkboard being passed around with the question, "what would you say to the world?"(photo 3).  One of the little girls answered with, "I would say we need to take care of the world and give it love and protection"(photo 4).  One of the women responded with, "life is good, and with each passing day, we should smile upon each minute that God gives us"(photo 7).  The little girl in pictures 1 & 6 is in the English class I help teach - she is so sweet, and very proud of her painting skills.  The women in the last picture are part of a knitting group that produces beautiful scarves.  The group allows them to connect with other women, and contribute to their family's income.  I finished off the day with a thick layer of dust on my skin, paint in my hair and chalk on my clothes - an other good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment